Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2 states: the story of my marriage by Chetan Bhagat

0 comments
2 states: the story of my marriage is light and easy read.Another book from Chetan Bhagat and he has done a good job in telling the story, in his own free-floating manner. Somehow, I could feel a connection with the book, owning to my Punjabi background. I could closely relate to routine incidents as  the lavish fat ceremonies, the expectations from children. The incidents have been narrated in an amusing manner.

2 States begins where Five Point Someone ends. After  IIT where he loves and loses the professor’s daughter – Krish ( Punjabi guy from Delhi ) meets  Ananya South Indian Tamilian Brahmin girl ) at  IIM-A to pursue his management studies.
They both fall in love with each other but when they decide to get married problems starts rising as they both are from different cultural backgrounds so its a difficult task to convince their respective families.But eventually they do get their approvals and are married off to a wonderful life ahead.


The book is filled with loads of laughter and light moments. I will surely recommend this book , it might me just an ordinary love story but the way of presentation is what makes its unique and fun read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment