Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Heidi by Johanna Spyri

3 comments

Heidi  by Johanna Spyri is a children classics ,  I was so enamored by the Heidi as a kid and used to love watching it on television  and used to hum the title song the Heidi series.


Recently I ran across this book and thought it would be fun to read it after so many years and yes it was :) .The book is a bout a little girl Heidi is a orphan who is left to stay with her grandfather by her aunt , she had started to enjoy her life in Alps but soon her aunt came and took her to Frankfurt to accompany little girl Clara who is unable to walk and is confined to her wheel chair. She belongs to a very well to do family but Heidi always used to remember Alps her grandfather , the fir trees and longed to go back home.She was sent home and soon Clara came to meet Heidi , Clara became strong with good mountain air , frsh food and all the care taken by Heidi's grandfather .In coming day she started walking.
I really enjoyed reading this book, it's like a breath of fresh air :)


 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I simply love this book! It's one of the first Classics for CHildren that I ever read and it was simply fascinating! Even now, I always borrow it from the library whenever I see it.
--- Myra

Unknown said...

It's my favorite too :)

Carlos said...

There is also a popular Heidi song, but many people may have trouble finding it. On youtube search for (1) Gitti & Erika Heidi (2) Jacob Sisters Heidi (3) Heidi: La Merveilleuse Histoire

Post a Comment